Worship and Exploring

This morning was just another beautiful morning. Breakfast was eggs on toast with salsa.
This morning we were starting with a worship service at Pastor Hernand’s church that has just been built in August by a PAN missions team.
WE drove up into the moutains again with the changing road conditions. Our driver Alan felt that the tires might not be quite right and it took 3 stops to find a functioning air pump to get them inflated.
Arriving at the church, we needed to use the bathroom facilities before heading in. The only option was the kindness of the neighbours as the church has not built theirs yet.
As we walked up to to the building, the sound of singing greeted us. We were higher up in the mountains so there was a cool breeze to keep us comfortable during the service. After, we were greeted by many of the local people including Victor, the Pastor’s grandfather who is 106. There was also a little boy there with his mother. We realized that he had the effects of the Zika virus. It’s sad to know that the many challenges he and his family will face with very little resources.
After church, it was a drive back home to change and grab lunch before an afternoon exploring. Our first stop was the Canopy Ziplining. I was very excited to see the forest from the top and we had a great group of young men looking after us. Our main guide offered to take photos for us throughout the adventure then thanked us for the gifts as we handed over phones and cameras!
Mary was most nervous as she really doesn’t like heights so one of the guides rode with her each time. His name was Jesus....a little ironic and every time they exited the line he clipped her in and she clung to the tree. It was HILARIOUS. I did the first line on my own but then the guides insisted I have a partner guide for the other runs(apparently I was going too fast and they thought I wasn’t going to stop!) Anyhow, I was introduced to my "new best friend" Grumpy and was told I had to be with him all the time. I TRIED to explain that I didn’t usually do the harness thing on the first date and we should REALLY have a safe word and he seriously didn’t have to clip me to the tree like a dog outside a grocery store.... It was an amazing adventure and everyone had an incredible time. The best run was the last one where they finally let me gon on my own again and they bounced the rope so it was like a roller coaster. AWESOME!
After we headed to the tourist village of Catalina for some shopping in the market and a view of the volcanic lagoon.
With the help of my interpreter, Samuel, I negotiated great deals for hammocks, chairs, blankets and hats. It was great.
The lagoon was incredibly beautiful.
After it was back home for dinner of roast pork, vegetables and rice. Many have retired early as we have a very early and busy day of clinics tomorrow


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The First Clinic Day

A Roller Coaster Finish In Nicaragua

The Surprise Clinic Day